Greater Manchester is proud of its achievements in recent years,
but we still need levelling up.
Greater Manchester’s Levelling Up Deal is a serious, positive offer to Government which will deliver a London-style transport network with affordable London-level fares, accelerating our plans for a net zero future with better, greener homes and communities: and better jobs and skills.
Pride in places across Greater Manchester’s 10 boroughs is driving how we rethink their role as attractive places to live, work and set up a business – moving us towards zero-carbon transport system linked to zero-carbon homes.
If Government supports us with the right powers and funding, our Levelling Up Deal would:
- Deliver a London-style transport network with affordable London-level fares, moving us towards a zero carbon transport system
- Remove one million tonnes of carbon from GM’s economy
- Create attractive places to live, work and set up a business
- Create opportunities for people to retrain, get the skills they need and create jobs right across Greater Manchester
- Create a ‘Golden Triangle’ of innovation excellence within the towns and cities of the North, to drive UK growth
Greater Manchester has led the way on English devolution and we have a strong record of delivery and collaboration.
Our Deal could be a model for Levelling Up and Net-Zero delivery for the whole country. We want a real partnership between Greater Manchester and Government with clear responsibilities and proper accountability for local leaders.