Tuesday 9 November 2021
Escape to Freight Island, Mayfield Depot, 11 Baring St, Manchester, M1 2PZ
- Main programme 9.30-13.30
- Smart Talk sessions 13.30 -15.00
The North West has long been at the epicentre of global energy innovation – harnessing first coal, then atomic energy, and now innovating to produce sustainable means of powering local communities and reducing our impact on the planet.
As global leaders gather at the COP26 UN Climate Change Conference, Power To The People: Enabling A Smart Energy Transition will examine the future for energy production and use in the North West.
This is your opportunity to join the people and organisations leading the charge towards net zero in discussions that could influence the lives of more than 7.3 million citizens in the region, and many more around the world. This event will hear from trailblazers, innovators and industry experts on smart energy and sustainable power.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester
- Steve Rotheram, Metro Mayor, Liverpool City Region
- Chris Boardman, Transport Commissioner, Greater Manchester
- Sarah Kemp, CEO, Lancashire LEP
- Lord Inglewood, Chair, Cumbria LEP
- Alex McDermott, Co-Founder, Concretene
- David Wright, Land Director, Gleeson Homes
- Tim Whitley, Building Services Engineering Director, Arup
- Dave Roberts, Commercial Director, EA Technology
- Stephen Goldspink, Head of Business Development, Siemens
- Jonny Sadler, Strategic Decarbonisation Manager, Electricity North West
Join local, national and international business representatives, academics and public sector leaders in Manchester, as they seek answers to the big questions around the built environment and transport, smart energy, and future sources of sustainable fuel and electricity.