Greater Manchester is taking its position as an internationally recognised centre of digital innovation, research and practice.
- Continue to showcase Greater Manchester across the world as a leader in digital innovation and world class capabilities in health innovation and creative media,
- Establish Greater Manchester as UK and European centre for cyber and digital ethics, trust and security.
- Champion Greater Manchester as a place with an incredible evolving digital eco system.
- Ensure Greater Manchester is known as an extremely attractive place to develop, grow and stay, for individuals and businesses contributing to digital innovation.
- International promotion and attraction (MIDAS and Marketing Manchester)
- Annual digital creative and tech festival (GMCA, Growth Company, and partners)
- Health innovation (Health Innovation Manchester)
- Greater Manchester Cyber Eco-System (GMCA and partners)
- Greater Manchester Cyber Advisory Group
- Manchester Digital Security Innovation Hub
The Manchester Digital Security Innovation Hub will stimulate economic growth and strengthen businesses in the region. The new hub will also contribute to local skills growth and talent and act as a testbed for the commercialisation of new products and services.
Based at Manchester’s Heron House together with GCHQ’s strategic hub in the north, the Digital Security Innovation Hub is the latest addition to Greater Manchester’s world class digital security ecosystem. The hub is a key initiative of the Greater Manchester Digital Blueprint and its ambition to be a top five European digital city region. This facility aims to contribute to building the city-regions economic recovery and stimulate economic growth and also help make Greater Manchester a trusted and secure place to live, study and work.
On behalf of the GMCA, Manchester City Council is currently seeking to procure an operator who can demonstrate the specialist knowledge and skills required to lead this centre of excellence. Potential operators will need to demonstrate a track record of delivering successful cyber and digital security-related programmes at a national level, further procurement information available through The Chest.
The Greater Manchester Cyber Ecosystem map shows organisations and activities that have grown up around a common cyber and digital security theme in Greater Manchester since 2017 and it continues to evolve. The purpose of the map is to help people engage with and navigate our GM Cyber ecosystem, find out how they can contribute and see how we can collective grow and expand the activity set.
If you would like your organisation and / or initiative to be added please contact us via GMCADigital@greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk.
The map brings in work from a variety of funding sources including European Regional Development Funds, Local Growth Funds, commercial, academic and other public sector investments. It includes inward investment, public, private and academic activity.
It's important to note that this is not intended to be exhaustive - it is mainly an aid to help people and ideas connect.
All feedback on this is welcome - please let us know via GMCADigital@greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk.