The content on these pages is for reference only.
Following the decision of Stockport Council on December 3 2020, Greater Manchester’s Plan for Homes Jobs and the Environment (the Spatial Framework) is no longer being progressed.
The documents on this page are for information and historical reference only. They are not currently live supporting documents.
Following the AGMA meeting on 12th February, Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan councils will all be asked to agree to form a joint committee to prepare Places for Everyone - a joint development plan for jobs, new homes and sustainable growth across their boroughs.
- October 23 2020 - Manchester's Plan for Homes, Jobs and the Environment made available for public to view
- October 30 2020 - Plan to be presented to all 10 Greater Manchester council leaders
- November 2020 -Councillors from all 10 Greater Manchester local authorities to be asked to consider and approve the plan
- December 1 2020 to January 26 2021 - Public consultation
- 2021 - Plan prepared for submission to Government
- 2021 -Public examination and approval by the Secretary of State
- 2022 - Greater Manchester Spatial Framework adopted
*All dates subject to change