Skills for Growth has been created to tackle the barriers and skills-gaps identified by employers across Greater Manchester.
Our teams spoke to businesses in priority industries across the city-region to understand the challenges they are currently facing. This intelligence is compiled into individual reports and is used to create specifications so training providers can shape new, innovative courses and workshops.
Here are four reasons why Skills for Growth could help your business:
- Save money. Not only are Skills for Growth training opportunities fully funded but by developing existing talent, you could save money on recruitment fees.
- Encourage business growth. A skilled workforce can lead to productivity and increased business opportunities. Displaying a healthy workforce culture could also be attractive to new customers and clients.
- Embrace diversity. A range of perspectives, skills and life experiences make for the most productive types of businesses and decision making.
- Create a happy workforce. Supporting the development of your existing workforce will lead to your employees feeling valued and supported.
If you’re a Greater Manchester based business operating in one of the priority sectors below, find out more about our current providers with live training programmes.
• Construction (particularly retrofit and green technologies)
• Health and social care
• Life sciences
• Creative, technology and culture
If you’re a business working in a different sector – don’t worry! We can still help.
Skills for Growth – SME Support is a new resource commissioned as part of the three-year programme, which focuses on giving all businesses across the city-region a free opportunity to receive tailored advice to help up-skill employees and improve productivity.
In addition to this service, Skills for Growth – SME Support has also compiled a GM Skills Map, which acts as a one-stop-shop connecting businesses, residents and training providers with learning opportunities across the city region.
If you'd like to keep up-to-date with programme news and events, please sign up to our newsletter.
Skills for Growth and Covid-19
Skills provision is critical to Greater Manchester’s recovery from Covid-19.
Encouraging businesses to understand their workforce needs, demonstrating how reskilling individuals can support the growth and productivity of our economy and exploring models that allow for redeployment is crucial.
Skills for Growth will support this and will address the skills needs that have emerged from the economic shock of the pandemic, whilst also continuing to deliver on the growth ambitions identified prior to Covid-19 and assisting Greater Manchester’s economy to build back better.