Greater Manchester International Strategy
The One Year Greater Manchester International Strategy builds on our ambitions laid out in the 2017 Internationalisation strategy and looks to address the most pressing challenges affecting our international ambitions today in light of the current pandemic and new geo-political landscape, coordinating efforts across Greater Manchester to ensure we deliver on our long-term vision of becoming a top global city-region.
Built on eight strategic priorities, the strategy outlines a series of objectives aimed at improving our connectivity, through the development of new relationships as well as and further digital and air connectivity, increasing trade and investment, furthering our global research and innovation partnerships and continuing to attract international students and visitors to the city-region.
Despite the challenges that lie ahead, Greater Manchester is a place that recognises the transformational impact international engagement can bring to local areas as well as the vital importance of re-building our global links to support the city-regions economic recovery.
To support our international ambitions, we participate in a number of global networks:
- Metropolis (link opens in a new window)
- European Regions Research and Innovation Network (ERRIN) (link opens in a new window)
- Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy (link opens in a new window)
- Under2 Coalition (link opens in a new window)
- WHO Global Network for Age Friendly Cities and Communities (link opens in a new window)
- OECD Champions Mayors for Inclusive Growth
- Marketing Manchester
- China Forum
- Manchester India Partnership
- Manchester Airport
- Enterprise Europe Network
- GC Business Growth Hub
- The Growth Company
- Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce
GMCA International Projects
Latest Topic News