Greater Manchester Digital Inclusion Taskforce
The Digital Inclusion Agenda for Change for Greater Manchester has a bold ambition to make Greater Manchester a 100% digitally-enabled city region. To deliver this ambition the Greater Manchester Digital Inclusion Taskforce was set up in December 2020 bringing together organisations to work together to fix the digital divide across Greater Manchester.
What is the taskforce and how does it work?
The taskforce is made up of over 180 members from across the industry, VCSC sector, public sector partners, local government, schools and health, meeting bi-monthly to share key updates, showcase projects and programmes that are supporting residents to get online and discuss opportunities for collaboration to continue to tackle digital exclusion. Taskforce members are also able engage, collaborate and inform work being done on this agenda through a variety of methods including internal taskforce communication channels, events and workshops.
Digital Inclusion Taskforce framework
The Digital Inclusion Taskforce have developed a framework which outlines the different types of activity that will contribute to the overall ambition for the Digital Inclusion Agenda
The framework breaks activity up into five key areas with collaboration and information sharing an integral part of all the priority areas.
The five key areas are:
- Activity Area 1: Digital inclusion, insight and evidence
- Activity Area 2: Local and central Government engagement and policy
- Activity Area 3: Digital skills and capabilities for work, life and business
- Activity Area 4: Access to spaces, devices, connectivity and data
- Activity Area 5: Social responsibility and responsible business
The key outcomes the taskforce want to achieve from these activity areas are:
- Confidence, skills and motivation
- Affordability, accessibility and connectivity
- Strengthening approach and developing sustainable outcomes
- Empowering communities and places
Get involved! Join the Digital Inclusion Taskforce
Join our commitment to drive a 100% digitally-enabled city-region, express your interest by completing this form and we will be in touchJoin the taskforce
ITV Granada feature:The Digital Divide: 'I didn't want to live anymore'