One of the biggest benefits of Social Value comes from the wider financial and nonfinancial value that your organisation can create in terms of the wellbeing of individuals and communities.
During the pandemic we have seen a rise in community volunteering – people wanting to help out and help people. This proactive support could be harnessed by business to achieve a huge and positive benefit for local people and local communities, your employees, their families and friends.
Getting involved in local projects is a great way to be part of a community, building its strength and resilience; and ensure that no one from any background gets left behind.
There are numerous projects in Greater Manchester – in fact there are around 16,000 community groups, voluntary organisations and social enterprises with which you could work.
- Encourage your employees and members to take part in organised volunteering via your local volunteering centre (opens in a new tab) or provide Trustees (opens in a new tab) for local charities and other voluntary organisations
- Develop organisational partnerships with your local voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector (opens in a new tab)
- Offer professional support with Business in the Community (opens in a new tab) National Business Response Network
- Support the GM Age-friendly Neighbourhoods Challenge (opens in a new tab)
- Provide an opportunity for Our Pass (opens in a new tab)
- Enable employees, members and volunteers to take part in volunteering to improve the local environment with Nature GM (opens in a new tab) or activities which reduce social isolation
- Respect, reach out and develop partnerships with local voluntary organisations, community groups and social enterprises, which work in your local community.
- Help to tackle food poverty by getting involved with Fare Share GM (opens in new tab), join Good Food Greater Manchester (opens in a new tab), or support your local Food Bank or Pantry (opens in a new tab)
- Support projects in the arts and culture sector – for example United We Stream (opens in a new tab) and Community Arts North West (opens in a new tab)
- Explore how your organisation can support people who are homeless of sleeping rough through A Bed Every Night (opens in a new tab) or the GM Homelessness Action Network (opens in a new tab)