The Violence Reduction Unit brings together Greater Manchester Police, National Probation Service, health and education professionals, youth justice and local authorities to address the underlying causes of violent crime and work together with communities to prevent it.
It forms part of Greater Manchester’s approach to tackling serious violent crime, which includes making sure victims of violent crime get the right support, and improving the criminal justice response to all forms of serious violence.
- Violence Reduction Unit Annual Report 2020/2021 Summary (PDF, 6.6MB)
- Violence Reduction Unit Annual Report 2020/2021 Summary - Accessible Version (PDF, 138KB)
- Launch of the Violence Reduction Unit (news item)
- Serious Violence Action Plan (PDF, 15MB)
- Serious Violence Action Plan - Accessible Version (PDF, 334KB)
- VRUs in Focus report (PDF, 1MB)