Our natural environment priorities
- Managing our land sustainably including planting 1m trees by 2024
- Managing our water and its environment sustainably
- Achieving a net gain in biodiversity for new development
- Increasing investment into our natural environment
- Increasing engagement with our natural environment
What are we doing
Natural capital is the environmental assets that give benefits to people, like land, water and air.
The Natural Course project seeks to improve and protect the water quality of the North West.
Biodiversity Net Gain
Biodiversity Net Gain is an approach to development that seeks to measurably enhance biodiversity.
Greater Manchester Green Spaces Fund
The Green Spaces Fund gives small grants to communities to improve and create local green spaces.