Greater Manchester Combined Authority
Audit of Accounts year ended 31 March 2022
Notice of Public Rights
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
The Accounts and Audit (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020
NOTICE is given that the unaudited Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2022 has been published on the Authority’s website.
The statement of accounts are subject to audit by Auditor Mr Mark Dalton, Mazars LLP, 3 Wellington Place, Leeds, LS1 4AP and may be subject to change.
The period for the exercise of public rights commences at 10.00 am on 1 August 2022 until 4.00 pm on 9 September 2022.
Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:
- From 1 August 2022 to 9 September 2022, any person may inspect the accounting records of the Authority for the financial year to 31 March 2022 and certain related documents (comprising books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts) at Broadhurst House, 56 Oxford Street, Manchester, M1 6EU, except as provided for in Section 26 (4) to 26 (6) of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 in relation to commercially confidential and personal information. They may also make copies of the accounts, narrative statement, Annual Governance Statement (AGS) and documents. Please telephone 0161 778 7004 should you wish to make an appointment.
- From 10.00 am on 1 August 2022 to 4.00 pm on 9 September 2022 at the request of a local government elector the local auditor must give the elector or any representative of the elector an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records of the Authority.
- From 10.00 am on 1 August 2022 until 4.00 pm on 9 September 2022 a local government elector for the area of the Authority or his / her representative may object to the Authority’s accounts as set out in sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above and also copied to the Authority at the address given below. Any objection must state the grounds on which the objection is being made and particulars of:
- Section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 namely to apply to the court for a declaration that an item in the accounts is contrary to law and / or
- Any matter in respect of which it is proposed that the auditor could make a public interest report under section 24 of and paragraph 1 of Schedule 7 to the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.
56 Oxford Street
Manchester M1 6EU