Greater Manchester has been named an Enhanced Response Area as a result of the Delta Covid-19 Variant spreading in the city-region.
The variant spreads more easily from person to person. We are urging people to be cautious and to keep taking steps to stop the spread of coronavirus and variants, especially when meeting with people outside their household.
Wherever possible, you should try to:
- Meet outside rather than inside where possible
- Keep 2 metres from people that you do not live with, including family and friends who are not part of your household
- minimise travel in and out of affected areas
You should also:
- Get tested twice a week for free and isolate if the test comes back positive
- Continue to work from home if you can
- Get vaccinated when you are offered it
- Follow all of the safety advice
We all need to play our part in stopping coronavirus.
Find out how Greater Manchester is responding to the pandemic, and what you can do to help.